Monday 28 September 2009

I have not been banned from unicycling, yet


Last year, I got some birthday money to spend on "cycling".
Having just completed a ride of over 500K I was relaxing in Avignon with a
Small Beer (see SB list) when along came a unicyclist. In an instant my mind was made up. I'd learn to unicycle. It took me a while, but eventually I was confident enough to demonstrate my new found skills
in the CLS offices, building D ground and the nearby car park.

I still can't free mount so am not able to ride to the pub. Even if I did achieve this, I doubt I'd ever be able to make it back again.

Reminds me of the joke about the man who only had enough money to buy a hoop and a stick. He left the hoop outside the pub. On leaving he discovered it had been nicked. Like most people he was rather upset. "How the hell am I going to get home now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment